The Senior Epic Cache Administrator provides technical analysis, configuration, maintenance, modification and monitoring of all Epic Cache databases. This position also leads internal application development solutions, focusing on process automation and data optimization. This position guides team in the administration and support of best practices and requirements for data storage, database architecture, tuning, maintenance and reporting, ensuring hardware/software compatibility with the cache, UNIX, and Linux environments. This individual is responsible for ensuring the databases are available, integrity checked, and backups can be restored within agreed service level agreements The Senior Epic Cache Administrator provides technical analysis, configuration, maintenance, modification and monitoring of all Epic Cache databases.
1. Lead the evaluations, installations, tests, and implementations of system hardware, software, manufacturer's maintenance releases and utilities. 2. Analyze system performance to ensure it is meeting availability and performance objectives. 3. Develop and maintain utilities, scripts, and data structures for Intersystems Cache. 4. Lead all Epic, Unix, and Linux system disaster recovery simulations as well as backup, restore, and refresh business continuity activities. 5. Maintain Epic's maintenance requirements for Cache system servers. 6. Configure, administer, and audit programmer and administrative access to Epic environments for Application support and Epic personnel. 7. Create and maintain workstation, LWS and printer mapping records. 8. Maintain Cache level security and follow IT best practices as it relates to system security. 9. Monitor and plan for Cache license usage and growth. 10.Maintain comprehensive knowledge of database administration (design, installation, and troubleshooting) of Intersystems Cache and Epic's Chronicles DBMS. 11.Proficiency with UNIX/Linux command line and associated utilities. 12.Perl/Korn Shell/Bash scripting experience preferred. 13.Handle 24x7 on-call support on rotational basis and willingness to carry a pager. 14.Extremely detail-oriented and able to lead staff in the following of standard methodologies for troubleshooting
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology related field
- 5+ years of experience in a healthcare IT environment
- Perl/Korn Shell/Bash scripting
- Preferred UNIX/Linux certification
- Will be required to obtain Epic CSM (Cache System Manager) certification
Our Mission: WHY WE EXIST. To extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ. Our Core Values: WHAT WE BELIEVE IN.DIGNITY Respect for the worth of every person, recognition and commitment to the value of diverse individuals and perspectives, and special concern for the poor and underserved. INTEGRITY Honesty, justice, and consistency in all relationships. EXCELLENCE High standards of service and per...formance. COMPASSION Service in a spirit of empathy, love, and concern. STEWARDSHIP Wise and just use of talents and resources in a collaborative manner.Our Vision: WHAT WE ARE STRIVING TO DO. CHRISTUS HEALTH, a Catholic health ministry, will be a leader, a partner and an advocate in the creation of innovative health and wellness solutions that improve the lives of individuals and communities so that all may experience God's healing presence and love. Our Name and Symbol:WHO WE ARE. CHRISTUS is Latin for "Christ," and proclaims publicly the core of our mission. OUR NAME choice also recognizes the heritage of our two congregational sponsors, the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word in Houston and San Antonio. Jesus Christ is the Incarnate Word, the Word of God made flesh. It is, therefore, only fitting that it is in another form of His name that our health ministries are called together. OUR SYMBOL Reflects the healing ministry of Jesus Christ - a combination of a medical cross and a religious cross. The flowing banner on the cross is a common symbol of the risen Christ, while the royal purple signifies Christ. The flowing banner also conveys a sense of motion as we move forward into a new era of service to our communities.