Infusion Nurse Practitioner - Full Time, Temporary and Per Diem
January 24, 2018
New York City, New York
130000.00 - 151000.00
Temp to Full Time - Experienced
Are you interested in working in a modern office pioneering the shift from depersonalized, hospital based medicine to personalized, community-based, concierge medical services? Do you love working directly with patients and helping to make a positive difference in their lives during the course of their chronic disease management? Do you have a friendly demeanor and excellent communication skills? Consider joining our team at Thrivewell Infusion. We are New York City’s premier destination for patients to receive outpatient infusion therapy in a high-end clinical suite with an enhanced patient experience and increased access to care.
Here at Thrivewell Infusion, we believe that personalized care ensures that every patient’s medical needs are maintained throughout the continuum of care; from intake, assessment, and treatment through the completion of their visit. Our primary focus will be administering the delivery of biologic medications (e.g. Remicade, Tysabri, etc…), but we also offer a full range of non-oncologic infusion services including, but not limited to, antibiotics, hydration, vitamins, iron, and steroids.
You will be the primary, independent practitioner tasked with safely and efficiently delivering infusion therapy to our customers suffering from chronic diseases and acute medical illnesses. We welcome NPs from all medical backgrounds with a positive attitude, outstanding IV skills, and an active New York Registered Nursing license required. We are currently hiring on a per diem basis for our ambulatory infusion center located in Crown Heights, Brooklyn. Hours of operation are M-F, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, and Sa/Su on an as needed basis.
Responsibilities will Include:· Preparation of IV infusions in accordance with clinical protocols;· Starting IVs and monitoring patients during the infusion process;· Maintaining accurate electronic medical records;· Providing clear patient instructions and education regarding infusion protocols;· Maintaining organized medical and IV supplies including Rx ordering and inventory management;· Creating a positive, relaxing & professional environment;· Maintaining a highly-organized, safe, and clean work area.
Job Types: Full Time, Temporary, Per Diem
- Perform physical assessments
- Administer IV infusion therapy
- Diagnose and treat common conditions
- Provide screenings, interventions, counseling
- Engage in telemedicine consultations
- Prescribe medications as needed to patients (some prescription meds are dispensed on-site)
- Prescribe and perform lab tests (we roll up our sleeves here!)
- Provide assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of common illnesses and injuries
- Supervise Medical Assistant(s) and direct their clinical activities
- Interact with Thrivewell Infusion’s medical director and supervising physicians
- Manage patients and their wellbeing with vaccinations and patient education
- Willingness to take on non-clinical (administrative, marketing) and clinical tasks, as necessary and as part of a small team, for the efficient and effective operation of a private medical practice.
- Master’s degree level Nurse Practitioner
- Current Board Certification and license to practice as Advanced Practice Nurse
- Effective verbal, written, and electronic communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Initiative, creativity, problem-solving ability, adaptability, and flexibility
- Ability to work without direct supervision and practice autonomously
- Ability to collaborate with professional colleagues as necessary to provide quality care
- Ability to consistently present a friendly, welcoming, and professional public-facing appearance. This is critically important to us, as our culture is one where exceeding patient expectations is our baseline expectation!
Internal Number: 101
About Thrivewell Infusion
We are a state-of-the-art ambulatory infusion center based in New York City. Our goal is to provide high-quality, concierge-level patient care, starting with non-oncologic biologic infusions, antibiotics, and iron therapy.