Responsible for completion of day-to-day business office functions.
1. Maintains flow of patient check-in, verifies demographic and insurance information and enters into computer database. Assures that paperwork in patient chart is accurate. 2. Assists with answering phones, taking messages and assisting with patient and staff inquiries.
3. Responds to CBO requests for patient account corrections and/or maintenance, in a timely manner.
4. Schedules appointments for patients in accordance with physician guidelines.
5. Post charges, payments and adjustments into computer timely and accurately, displaying accuracy in coding.
6. Collects time of service payment amounts; collects prior balance amounts
7. Performs other duties as assigned
High School Diploma/GED
1-3 years medical office experience
ICD-9 and CPT coding (working knowledge)
Basic typewriting and computer skills (data entry or word processing)
Good communication skills (verbal/written) Multi task oriented. Working knowledge of anatomy and terminology. Knowledge of insurance plans and
Our Mission: WHY WE EXIST. To extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ. Our Core Values: WHAT WE BELIEVE IN.DIGNITY Respect for the worth of every person, recognition and commitment to the value of diverse individuals and perspectives, and special concern for the poor and underserved. INTEGRITY Honesty, justice, and consistency in all relationships. EXCELLENCE High standards of service and performance. COMPASSION Service in a spirit of empathy, love, and concern. STEWARDSHIP Wise and just use of talents and resources in a collaborative manner.Our Vision: WHAT WE ARE STRIVING TO DO. CHRISTUS HEALTH, a Catholic health ministry, will be a leader, a partner and an advocate in the creation of innovative health and wellness solutions that improve the lives of individuals and communities so that all may experience God's healing presence and love. Our Name and Symbol:WHO WE ARE. CHRISTUS is Latin for "Christ," and proclaims publicly the core of our mission. OUR NAME choice also recognizes the heritage of our two congregational sponsors, the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word in Houston and San Antonio. Jesus Christ is the Incarnate Word, the Word of God made flesh. It is, theref...ore, only fitting that it is in another form of His name that our health ministries are called together. OUR SYMBOL Reflects the healing ministry of Jesus Christ - a combination of a medical cross and a religious cross. The flowing banner on the cross is a common symbol of the risen Christ, while the royal purple signifies Christ. The flowing banner also conveys a sense of motion as we move forward into a new era of service to our communities.