This position is responsible for ensuring the general health and well-being of residents through the delivery of comprehensive and high quality care for Assisted Living residents per state guidelines. This position directly supervises LPNs, medication aides and caregivers and manages the RN delegation program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide nursing services to residents according to the care plan in conjunction with residents’ families and other representatives, Panorama staff, and community providers. Follow established nursing practices within scope of practice.
2. Oversee and supervise nursing staff, including hiring, training, education and evaluation of LPNs, medication aides and caregivers.
3. Manage the Nurse Delegation program, including the assessment of residents; education, observation and certification of nursing assistants, and documentation as required.
4. Complete potential and current resident assessments. Develop and maintain care plans.
5. Complete all required nursing documentation regarding physician orders, medications and treatments in a comprehensive, legible, and timely manner
6. Provide treatments and medication administration as ordered by residents’ healthcare providers. Notify medical providers and resident representatives of changes in a resident’s condition.
7. Establish positive relationships with residents and families. Address and escalate concerns as appropriate. Attend care conferences.
8. Investigate resident incidents, complete incident reports thoroughly and accurately, and implement appropriate interventions.
9. Monitor residents’ medication and healthcare supplies. Order and/or destroy medications and supplies as needed.
Registered Nurse with the State of Washington.
· Minimum of three years’ experience working with a geriatric population, preferably with experience in assisted living, long-term care, or home health.
· Minimum one year supervisory experience
Internal Number: AL01
By definition, Panorama is a not-for-profit continuing care retirement community. It is 140 acres of natural landscape with homes of all varieties surrounded by mature trees and flowers. But, to those who truly know Panorama, it is family. It is peace of mind, camaraderie, and a shared purpose. It is home.
We consider it an honor whenever someone chooses to live at Panorama. These people have lived extraordinary lives, building families and careers, and contributing to their communities. Those who live at Panorama are inventors, artists, doctors, homemakers, and teachers, to name a few. They bring with them their talents, experience and knowledge, choosing to share it with us. In turn, we provide a place to call home and a canvas for their last chapter.
As honored guests in their home, we get to be a part of their journey