Marketing Analyst for Marketing Insights & Intelligence
40 hours per week, day shift
Job Summary: The External Relations Data Analyst will support our team with a specific focus on the accumulation and analysis of data specific to marketing campaigns, integrated communications dashboard development, donor analysis, establishment of business rules for return on investment calculations, as well as preparation of business plans. Data sources will include internal clinical databases, web tracking data, Marketing Response Center data, Millennium, National Research Corporation (NRC) and custom research and other data related to marketing calls-to-action. The Data Analyst should be able to work independently in a complex, matrix environment.
Education / Experience: Undergraduate degree in business, finance or marketing required or a different undergraduate degree coupled with a business-related master’s degree. Minimum of 5 years of health care data experience required, with 8-10 years preferred.
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration: NA
1. The position carries significant responsibilities for the management, analysis and reporting of WFBMC data, and the underlying support functions (maintenance and manipulation of data sources as appropriate), to ensure that External Relations leadership makes appropriate strategic and business decisions.
2. Works with the Director, Marketing Insights & Intelligence to develop marketing benchmarks and scorecards. Once developed, the External Relations Data Analyst will continue to refine the scorecards and prepare periodic scorecards for executive leadership.
3. Ensures appropriate, timely and accurate data collection to respond to External Relations information requests.
4. Works independently and/or in conjunction with the Director, Marketing Insights & Intelligence on day-to-day management and interactions with NRC (syndicated data) and other research related firms (custom data).
5. Knowledge of health care information systems, services, operations and delivery systems. Candidate should have knowledge of, or will need to become familiar with the following available data sources:
WFBH EDWS Cubes (patient data)
MRC (Call Center) data
BestHealth membership data
National Research Corp (NRC) Consumer Preference
Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction surveys
Evariant CRM database
Advisory Board (Crimson) physician database
NCHA Inpatient & Emergency data
Silverpop (email) database
Share of Voice
Truven Analytics (medical demand database)
Qualitative & Quantitative custom data
6. Develops an understanding of the referral process for key services both to and within the Medical Center to support campaign targeting.
7. Develops business plans to guide the development of marketing campaigns in conjunction with service line managers, network managers and digital content managers. Plans will include target geographies and referral, as well as profiles of existing referral patterns where the data is available.
8. Prepares downstream revenue reports and analyses and other financial reports to guide plans and assess impact of campaigns.
9. Prepares consumer and referring provider mail lists for Marketing and other departments. Maintains knowledge of third party vendors to ensure quality and accuracy of lists.
10. Maintain opt-out lists for marketing purposes.
11. Educates marketing team about internal and external data processes.
12. Become familiar with and work with third-party vendors to provide services and data to External Relations. Provide vendors WFBMC data, when necessary. Ensure that such data complies with HIPAA standards.
13. The External Relations Data Analyst will be assigned data projects periodically as needed. These could include analyses related to rankings criteria, market research or brand equity analyses.
14. Manage interns, as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
Strong quantitative and analytical skills
Strong ability to learn and manipulate multiple computer software programs used to support data gathering and analysis.
Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
Must have ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Self-motivated, analytical and intuitive problem-solving abilities.
Must have ability to work with others in a team environment.
Must be able to interact with all levels throughout the Medical Center and develop strong working relationships with providers of data from other departments.
Internal Number: 25097
About Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center is a national learning health care system that is composed of the Wake Forest School of Medicine and Wake Forest Innovations which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates in the Wake Forest Innovation Quarter. The Innovation Quarter is an urban research and business park located in the heart of Winston-Salem which specializes in biotech, materials sciences and IT. As we like to say this facility is taking research from the bench to the bedside.