The Coding Manager, under the direction of Director of Finance, is responsible for the supervision and control of the coding department. Regular attendance is an essential part of this job.
1. Manage the coding team both in house and remotely including the daily workload and review and audit of charges.
2. Maintain a working knowledge of insurance policies and procedures for accurate submission of coding sequences
3. Demonstrated ability to help manage revenue cycle operations and other team members
4. Communicate effectively with staff, physicians and management regarding new regulations and CPT code modifications, as necessary
5. Responsible for managing the schedule, attendance, hiring of team members and performance reviews
6. Provides guidance and direction to coding staff. Develops and coaches other coders
7. Works to establish methods to measure efficiency, productivity and quality
8. Works in a collaborative manner with internal departments including Physicians and clinical staff for the betterment of the organization
9. Post-surgery, fracture, and injection charges
10. Contact physicians and other health care professionals with questions about treatments or diagnostic tests given to patients with regard to coding procedures
11. Conduct audits and coding reviews to ensure all documentation is accurate and precise
12. Collaborate with the external billing team to ensure coding related inquiries are addressed in a timely manner
13. Comply with all legal requirements regarding coding procedures and practices
14. Check surgery charges for accuracy
15. Code from operative note for some doctors
*The preceding examples are representative of the assignments performed by this position and are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Certified Professional Coder or Certified Medical Coder preferred.
Willing to consider medical coder with desire to become certified.
Medical coding experience required
Experience in Orthopaedic coding preferred
Prior experience managing and leading a team preferred
Proficient in Diagnosis (ICD-10),CPT & HCPCS coding assignment within an electronic medical record.
Ability to communicate with physicians and clinical staff regarding selection reasoning for medical codes
Proven ability to understand and effectively research coding guidelines in conjunction with payer guidelines and apply that knowledge to claims processing in a timely manner.
Ability to maintain good working relationships with co-workers, management, and other staff.
Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with a wide range of people.
Internal Number: 173
About Tri-State Orthopaedic Surgeons, INC
Tri-State Orthopaedics was founded in 1949 by Dr. John H. Sterne and Dr. Henry Leibundguth, and has grown into the largest orthopaedic practice of its kind in the Evansville, Indiana area. Our 21 physicians and their affiliated staff carry on our Founders’ commitment to and reputation for excellence, providing specialized orthopaedic care for patients all across the tri-state.
Orthopaedic care provided by board certified physicians lies at the very heart of what we do, offering the expertise that comes with advanced clinical, academic, and examination requirements in specialties such as Orthopaedic Surgery and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Our physician team includes specialists with Fellowship-Training in Adult Joint Reconstruction, Arthroscopy, Hand Surgery, Hand Trauma & Reconstructive Surgery, Spine Surgery, and Microvascular Surgery. We are proud to have doctors with Added Specialty Certifications in Surgery of the Hand as well as Sports Medicine.
At Tri-State Orthopaedics, we realize we have a responsibility to our patients and our community to make a positive impact on people’s lives. It is a responsibility that we take very seriously, and it is a principle tha...t has guided us since 1949. We seek to provide devoted, respectful, and individualized care to each of our patients in order to help improve the quality of life for our patients and those who care for them.