The Community Health Coordinator plays lead role in conducting Community Health Needs Assessment and Implementation plans for each hospital market. Leads Community Health Action Teams comprised of community leaders to identify and address critical health needs through community collaboration. Leads and supports health improvement projects and initiatives identified in Implementation plans. Responsible for system-wide recording of Community Benefit data. Manages system-wide sponsorship and contributions process.
- Lead role in conducting Community Health Needs Assessment process for system/each hospital market.
- Analyzes data and identifies opportunities for strategic health improvement efforts.
- Shares insights and information across organization to facilitate strategic thinking, innovation and link to our communities.
- Assists in development of Community Health Implementation Plan strategies and tactics for each hospital market.
- Works in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to develop and implement community health improvement strategies based on in-depth knowledge of evidence-based practice, previous successful efforts, community partners and local community assets.
- Leads/facilitates local CHAT Teams comprised of 10-25 community leaders in each hospital market. CHAT Teams help identify critical health issues, conduct "plunge" events for leaders to study issues, develop collaborative solutions to address issues, and facilitate projects to achieve desired objectives. Also accountable for measurement of initiative impact.
- Responsible for system-wide recording of Community Benefits, a requirement of the IRS.
- Trains system reporters to submit data, accurately enters/approves data, ensures integrity of data entered, produces reports for IRS, WHA and ThedaCare leadership to ensure compliance with non-profit status.
- Manages system-wide Contributions and Sponsorship programs and processes to contribute financial resources to address community health needs. This includes leading system-wide Contributions Committee, management of E-Tapestry database, communication of charitable programs. Responsible to stay within budget.
- Serves as a ThedaCare Ambassador to the Community.
- Identifies and builds relationships with critical internal and external stakeholders.
- Attends significant community events representing ThedaCare.
- Fosters effective team interactions through open and honest communication, receptive to feedback, mentoring and developing others.
- Develops and supports relationships that create an environment where individuals and team members learn and grow professionally.
- Participates in process improvement and problem-solving opportunities to enhance department efficiency and effectiveness.
- Takes responsibility for personal and professional growth, development and personal wellness.
- Actively participates in and supports a healthy work environment.
- Required: Bachelors Degree in Public Health, Community Health, Health Education, Community Organizing, Health Sciences. Preferred: Masters Degree in Public Health, Community Health, Health Education, Community Organizing, Health Sciences
Experience Required: 5 years experience in public health, health education, community health, community organizing. Preferred: 10+ years of experience in public health, health education, community health, community organizing
Why ThedaCare? ThedaCare is a community health system consisting of several hospitals, numerous clinics and related services. We are the third largest health care employer in Wisconsin and the largest employer in the state's second largest economic market - Northeast Wisconsin - with approximately 6,800 employees. Through our 100-year history, ThedaCare has woven itself into the very fabric of the communities we serve. For our employees, ThedaCare offers an environment that not only welcomes but also encourages innovative thinking and fresh approaches to today’s health care challenges. We’ve improved the health of thousands of individuals. We know this because we track our quality and constantly seek to improve our care and services for the members of our communities.