Clinical Nursing Consultant II - Center for Women‘s Health
(Job ID #70985)
The University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System is looking to fill a position of Clinical Nursing Consultant II, Center for Women‘s Health responsible for the following duties:
Recruit and counsel patients/couples on the REI/IVF/RPL Institutional Review Board (IRB) studies and processes and pre/post-operative instructions; prepare informed consents for signature by patient and physician; collect research specimens; enter data into electronic records and patient care databases; and coordinate patient cycles, including scheduling appointments and ordering medications through the pharmacy
- Assist physicians with advanced, invasive and clinical office procedures, including equipment set-up, removal and re- sterilization, and monitoring of sedated patient.
- Consult with referring physicians regarding patients' medical histories, reviewing current medical data and reports, and identifying deviations from normal anatomy, laboratory, and radiological values.
- Investigate and resolve patient issues brought by physicians and staff.
- Assume "on-call" responsibilities for blood draw, patient phone calls, pharmacy orders, medical record documentation, and weekend IVF procedures.
- Act as liaison between patients and physicians. Counsel patients on infertility treatment protocols and complex reproductive questions. Creates patient calendars.
- Teach patients regarding procedures, medications, diagnosis and ensure patients understand and follow medical schedules.
- Return patient phone calls promptly, according to institutional requirements.
- Collaborate with and act as liaison with campus medical colleges and departments to coordinate complete patient records.
- Assist with the training of students and Resident Physicians of REI/IVF/RPL rotations.
- Promote REI/IVF/RPL programs and research through presentations and research to other medical colleges, hospitals, community groups, and national conventions.
- Collaborate with the IT department to create and maintain a patient care database, producing statistical and progress reports of the program.
- Manage the collection and organization of medical records in a timely manner, ensuring compliance with regulatory standards (TJC, CLIA, OSHA, FDA, etc.) and institutional requirements.
- Complete all required insurance documentation and forms, and update patient insurance spreadsheets to track submissions and authorizations.
- Coordinate responsibilities of staff, develop and maintain staffing schedules.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- RN Duties.
Bachelor degree in nursing required, Master's degree in nursing preferred. Two (2) years of related relevant nursing experience required. IL RN license required. Demonstrated experience in women's health required, with experience in infertility/IVF, recurrent pregnancy loss, two (2) - three (3) years of experience preferred. Current BLS required and ACLS certifications preferred. Current IRB certification preferred. Working knowledge of ASRM standards of practices, regulatory agencies' (TJC, FDA, etc.) standards of practice, and the terminology and techniques used for IVF, infertility, and RPL. Nurse Certification Course in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility from the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), or equivalent, preferred. Working knowledge of IRB certification procedures and compliance preferred. Strong leadership skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks. Ability to formulate appropriate computerized reports. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to make decisions independently. Excellent attendance, interpersonal skills and work history required.
The University of Illinois offers competitive benefit packages, including: vacation days, paid holidays, Floating Holidays, State University Retirement System, tuition waiver, tuition discount for dependents, and excellent medical, dental, and vision packages.
For fullest consideration, please submit a complete application and supplemental resume to the link below:
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.