At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. MemorialCare stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers and physician groups, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
Directs all sourcing and procurement activities to support MemorialCare operations and to assure system-wide best value is achieved and maintained. Provides leadership and direction in establishing operational goals and objectives for areas of responsibility in support of MemorialCare strategic plan, system Material Resources objectives. Directs and coordinates purchase of all capital equipment, supplies, services, master item file integrity and spend analysis activities for Memorial Health Services. Monitors procurement activities ensuring MHS Purchasing, Financial policy and MHS contract compliance. Continually assesses and improves performance of areas of responsibility. Serves as a member of the MHS Material Resources leadership team and effectively collaborates with Contracting and Materials Management functions of the MemorialCare Supply Chain and MHS operations leaders.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Working under the direction of the MHS Vice President:
* Provides direction and leadership for centralized procurement of supplies, equipment and services at all MHS campuses
* Effectively serves as a member of the MHS Material Resources leadership team
* Accountable for accurate and efficient purchase order workflow from approved order requisition to receipt and timely resolution of delays and/or unexpected logistical challenges
* Responsible to design, monitor and ensure sourcing and procurement system, procedures and activities support MHS Purchasing and Finance policy compliance and MHS supply, service contract compliance
* Establishes and maintains internal controls and reporting systems which provide accurate and timely information for budget management and financial analysis
* Continually assesses performance of areas of responsibility and provides leadership and direction for improvement
* Leads, facilitates supply, service value analysis and third party negotiation with various system-level teams
* Accountable for the development of competent and effective Purchasing team.