General pediatric outpatient opportunity
Geisinger Health System is a national leader in quality, innovation, research and education. Our pediatric services are integral to our health system and continue to grow as we seek to provide exceptional care to our surrounding communities.
We seek a board-certified/board-eligible general pediatrician to join our dynamic pediatric team of four pediatricians, one advanced practitioner and two psychologists at our successful Geisinger Pottsville multispecialty clinic located in beautiful Pottsville, PA.
- Outpatient only, with no hospital or newborn nursery responsibilities
- Attractive work schedule: Monday through Friday and rotating Saturdays until noon
- Highly desirable call schedule with shared 1-in-10 telephone call group
- On-site laboratory and radiology
- Fully integrated electronic health record, allowing physicians easy access to patient registries, test results and electronic prescribing
- Part of a highly collaborative pediatric service with direct access to tertiary resources and a full array of subspecialists at Geisinger Janet Weis Children’s Hospital
About Geisinger Janet Weis Children’s Hospital:
- A 91-bed, 4-floor children’s hospital located on the campus of Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, Pa., 60 miles from Pottsville
- Outstanding hospitalists and subspecialists staff 36 medical beds
- The PICU is a 14-bed unit caring for high-acuity pediatric illness and injury
- Level 4 NICU with 41 beds
- Integral part of Geisinger Health System that serves as a regional referral for more than 3 million citizens of central and northeast Pennsylvania.
The community offers a low cost of living, excellent public schools, numerous outdoor and cultural activities and easy access to several cities, including Allentown (45 miles), Harrisburg (55 miles), Philadelphia (96 miles) and Reading (36 miles).
For more information, contact Frank Maffei, MD, c/o Kathy Kardisco at email@example.com.