One of the nation’s largest and most innovative hospice providers, Tidewell Hospice in Sarasota, FL is seeking an experienced and strategic leader to serve as Vice President for their Long Term Care division.
The selected candidate will be charged with driving exceptional hospice care at long term care facilities in Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte and DeSoto counties, while overseeing a team consisting of three direct reports and an overall staff of 45. This is an excellent career advancement opportunity for the healthcare professional who desires a leadership position at a clinically superior, financially solid not for profit health organization.
Primary tasks, duties, and responsibilities to encompass (but are not limited to):
- Accountability for the definition of care and services provided to patients residing in long term care facilities.
- In collaboration with the Executive VP/CNO, plans, develops implements and evaluates the care and services rendered in long term care facilities to assure continuity, compliance, and high quality of care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ensures compliance with state and federal hospice regulations, applicable laws and regulations related to the operations of the organization, and with industry and accreditation standards of care and services.
- Clearly communicates the vision for hospice care and services in the LTC facilities in concert with the EVP/CNO, successfully aligning colleagues with that vision.
- Communicates in a clear and articulate manner that energizes others to top performance.
- Ensures training and on-going quality of clinical practices for assigned areas of responsibilities by working in concert with EVP/CNO and the Education Department staff.
- Leads the development of the Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement program for the LTC service line and other assigned functions, ensuring compliance and identifying opportunities to improve care and services.
- Creates reports to communicate compliance, utilization, and otherwise relay program information.
- Establishes and implements policies, procedures, and practice guidelines to support the care and services rendered in LTC; participates in the creation/revision of policies and procedures that are interconnected with other service lines and all aspects of care.
- Provides leadership for the performance of direct reports; guides the performance management of the LTC staff as related to care and service delivery.
- Fosters relationships across department lines that lead to teamwork and program success.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of the organization’s Strategic Goals and Objectives to strengthen care and services as requested.
- Assists in developing and managing the applicable budgets by monitoring and contributing to the achievement of the financial goals for the program.
- Available and prepared to assist in activities for the LTC patients during a disaster.
- Collaborates effectively with Associate Medical Directors, community physicians, and all organizational departments to optimize operations of program while contributing to success of organization.
- Covers clinical call as scheduled.
- Participates in committees and task forces as assigned.
- Provides oversight, support, and resources for a designated office site as assigned.
- Serving as a role model for all colleagues, promotes and functions in alignment with the organization’s mission and values and follows all policies and procedures of Tidewell Hospice.
- Assists to establish effective community relationships that help to build the understanding of Hospice services in the community.