Straub Medical Center is seeking a board certified Family Medicine physician for a full-time employed position at our Straub Lana‘i Family Health Center. Clinic Monday through Friday (8-5pm, avg 25 pts/day) with coverage of Lana‘i Community Hospital’s ER (1:2 during the week and one weekend a month; avg 0-4 pts/day). One other family medicine physician in the clinic. Support staff includes patient service representatives at the front desk and a dedicated medical assistant. ACLS, BLS, ATLS, PALS and medical examiner certificate with DOT required.
We offer competitive compensation with comprehensive benefits including relocation, malpractice, CME allowance and retirement savings plans. Excellent opportunity for someone looking for the rural island lifestyle.
Lana‘i has a close-knit community of about 3,000. The island has no traffic lights and all mom and pop stores. Enjoy beach and outdoor activities, hunting (deer, sheep, birds), and community events in your free time.
Combine the advantages of an integrated health system with the cultural diversity, superb lifestyle, excellent climate and year-round recreational activities of the islands!
About Straub Medical Center
Founded in 1921, Straub Medical Center is a fully integrated not-for-profit health care provider with a159-bed medical center in Honolulu, a network of neighborhood clinics and a visiting specialist program that reaches throughout the state of Hawai‘i. With more than 400 employed or contracted physicians who are leaders in their fields, Straub provides its patients w...ith expert diagnoses and treatments for more than 32 different medical specialties, including bone and joint, heart, cancer, endocrinology/diabetes, family medicine, gastroenterology, geriatric medicine, internal medicine, women’s health, vascular and urology. Straub is home to the Pacific Region’s only multi-disciplinary burn treatment center. The medical center consistently brings new technologies and innovative medical practices to Hawai‘i, such as minimally invasive cardiac surgery and total joint replacement. Straub is an affiliate of Hawai‘i Pacific Health, one of the state’s largest health care providers. Learn more at StraubHealth.org.
The mission of Straub Medical Center is to create a healthier Hawai‘i.
Straub Medical Center was founded in 1921 as “The Clinic” by Dr. George F. Straub. Dr. Straub conceived the idea of forming a group of physicians to provide better, morespecialized care for his patients. Straub Clinic & Hospital became an affiliate of Hawai‘i Pacific Health on Dec. 21, 2001.
• Healthgrades 2015 & 2016 Patient Safety Excellence Award™; top 5 percent nationwide.
• Healthgrades 2009-2016 Outstanding Patient Experience Award™.
• Level I & III Patient-Centered Medical Home designation from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
• 2012-2016 Awarded an “A” Hospital Safety Score by the Leapfrog Group.
• 2016 CMS 5-Star Rating — only hospital in Hawai‘i.
• 2016 Blue Cross Blue Shield Award of Distinction Center plus for Orthopedic Surgery.
• 2016 Blue Cross Blue Shield Award of Distinction Center Plus for Cardiac Care.
• 2016 STS Three Stars for Cardiac Surgery (Society of Thoracic Surgeons).
• Healthgrades 2017 America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery Award.
• Healthgrades 2017 Excellence Award for General Surgery, Joint Replacement.
• Healthgrades 2017 Five Star recipient for Pacemaker Procedures, Total Hip Replacement, Total Knee Replacement, Hip Fracture Treatment, Gallbladder Surgery, Treatment of Pneumonia.
BY THE NUMBERS
For FY16 (July 1, 2015 - June 30, 2016)
Clinic Encounters 886,307
Clinical Trials 192
Surgery Cases 5,971
ER Visits 32,642