Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse \(0\.9 FTE, Nights\) for the Float Pool at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
We are looking for an experienced Registered Nurse who is willing to float to multiple Medical\-Surgical \(Med\-Surg\) units within the First Hill Campus\. These nurses will be role models demonstrating flexibility, positive attitude, and strong problem solving skills\.
In this position you will:
- Provide nursing care adapted to the individual patient needs based on the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation\.
- Communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and coworkers, being an advocate for the patient at all times\.
- Evaluate patient's response to care and initiates independent and/or collaborative changes where appropriate
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree from an accredited school of nursing required upon hire\. All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire\.
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Exceptions will be considered on a case\-by\-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader\.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current BLS certification \(specialty areas may require additional certification\)
- 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- ACLS Certification and BSN degree strongly preferred
- Float Pool RN experience in a hospital facility
- 2 years of experience as an RN in Med/Surg at an acute care/hospital setting
- Skilled to work with a wide range of staff as part of an interdisciplinary team including physicians, nurses, and ancillary staff\.
About the First Hill Campus
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Float Pool Nursing
Req ID: 142633