Providence is calling a Call Center Specialist to the Food and Nutrition Department at Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, AK.
In this position you will:
- Provide direct patient interaction while assisting with meal selections, nutritional supplements and snacks over the phone or in person.
- Provide professional communication with all clinical areas of the facility while ensuring patients and customer needs are being processed and completed in a highly efficient manner.
- Ensure correct food types and diets are served to the right patients in a timely manner and patient requests are being met.
- Monitor food handling according to HACCP guidelines ensuring food quality and safety is being met.
- Follow proper procedures for sanitation, infection control and safety in accordance with municipal, state and federal regulations.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of therapeutic diets.
- Familiarity with the fundamental operation of a hospital kitchen.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Associates degree in food service science and nutrition or related field.
- One (1) year experience in a health care facility food service operation.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Food Service
Req ID: 151934