Providence is calling a full time, day shift Community Health Aide to Providence Little Company Medical Center in San Pedro, CA.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for insurance enrollment for government subsidized programs such as Medi-Cal and Covered California.
- Actively seek opportunities for outreach and education in community settings regarding health insurance enrollment with a focus on individuals from hard to reach populations.
- Build relationships and network with local community organizations to locate events suitable for CHIP/Community Health.
- Screen individuals and families for eligibility into Medi-Cal and Covered CA.
- Make appointments with and assist clients with the enrollment process including filling out and submitting their applications.
- Provide mobile on-site and home-based assistance of enrollment and renewal applications to clients from partner organizations (clinics, schools, churches, businesses, etc).
- Fully understand and be able to explain insurance programs (eligibility, application process, requirements, premiums, co-pays) and other community health services.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Ability to read, speak and understand Spanish fluently
- Current/Valid California Drivers License
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Covered California Certified Enrollment Counselor preferred. If not already certified, must obtain certification within 2 months of hire.
- Working knowledge of Medi-Cal and Covered CA eligibility
- Work or volunteer experience in community activities or projects which address health care needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to adapt to different personality types and work with individuals from a variety of cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Willingness to adjust schedule (including weekend or evening hours) as needed to complete necessary tasks
About the Region you will serve.
For nearly 70 years, Providence Health & Services, Southern California, has provided quality and compassionate health care, building on a tradition of excellence, innovation, teamwork and outreach to those most in need.
Anchored by five award-winning comprehensive medical centers, Providence provides a full spectrum of care that includes a range of specialties, signature services, outpatient and home care and the well-regarded Providence Medical Institute, a group of physicians and primary and urgent care clinics throughout the greater San Fernando Valley and South Bay. Providence is focused on providing the communities it serves with preventive care, education and leading-edge diagnostics and treatment. The organization includes numerous outreach programs. hospice and home care and even our own Providence High School, a Blue Ribbon college-preparatory campus.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Social Work / Care Management / Counseling
Location: California-San Pedro
Req ID: 151828