Providence is calling a Registered Nurse to join the team at the Providence Outpatient Infusion Services Clinic in Centralia, WA.
This is a part time, 0.6 FTE; 24 hours per week and benefits eligible position.
***Please Note: This position will require the flexibility to provide occasional staffing coverage to the Aberdeen and Lacey Outpatient Infusion Services Clinics as needed.
We are seeking an Outpatient Infusion Services Registered Nurse to be accountable for the delivery and supervision of safe, quality care and follows the nursing process in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act (assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation). The Registered Nurse is accountable for delegating selected functions to members of the health care team, supervising others to whom he/she has delegated nursing functions and evaluating outcomes of care provided by the health care team. The Registered Nurse is a leader of the oncology health care team with a comprehensive educational background in the nursing process to include patient and family teaching. The Registered Nurse also has leadership skills which enable him/her to delegate, and coordinate the nursing care provided in an oncology outpatient setting. The Registered Nurse assists in orientation, training, and education of personnel.
In this position you will:
- Assist in the coordination and delivery of all aspects chemotherapy and non-chemotherapy treatments, and implements safe, therapeutic patient specific care.
- Be responsible for supervising patient care provided by Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Assume responsibility of specific patients as assigned.
- Administer and document chemotherapy and non-chemotherapy treatment according to established policy procedures without repeated errors.
- Administer investigational protocol medications following the Policy and Procedures of the research department.
- Act as a resource person in all aspects of IV accesses for chemotherapy/non-chemotherapy treatments routinely used at PWWOIC.
- Perceive potential problems or situations that may occur with chemotherapy/non chemotherapy treatments and intervenes to offset adverse impact.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in Washington State
- Current AHA (American Heart Assoc.) Basic Life Support Certification for Healthcare Provider (must be AHA accredited)
- Minimum of two years RN experience
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Recent clinic and/or acute care RN experience
- Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) Certification
- Oncology Nursing experience
- Chemotherapy administration experience
About the hospital you will serve .
Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, Washington is a 127-bed, not-for-profit hospital providing emergency, diagnostic, cancer, birthing and surgical services. It consistently receives high scores on accreditation surveys by the Joint Commission, the Washington Department of Health (DOH) and the Washington Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS).
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Administrative Support (Clinical)
Req ID: 151720