Stamford Hospital is a 305-bed, not-for-profit hospital providing area residents (Fairfield and Westchester counties) with access to the latest technology using a compassionate, patient-centered care approach.
Our areas of expertise include: cancer care, heart services, orthopedics and women's health. Stamford Hospital is an affiliate of the New York-Presbyterian Healthcare System and a major teaching affiliate of the Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons.
- Joint Commission Accreditation: Stamford Hospital has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for accreditation by demonstrating compliance with their national, state-of-the-art standards for health care quality and safety in hospitals.
- Committed to Quality: Stamford Hospital has been recognized numerous times at the New York-Presbyterian Healthcare System (NYPHS) Quality Symposium for "Recognition of Commitment to Quality Innovation." The award reflects the achievements of the Environmental Services and Infectious Disease Departments in their joint effort to combat the prevalence of hospital-acquired infections.
- Nursing Excellence: Stamford Hospital is now among roughly 7 percent of hospitals nationwide to have been granted Magnet status by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Magnet recognition is the highest honor for nursing service excellence that any hospital can receive.
- True North Award: Stamford Health is the proud recipient of the 2017 True North Award from the Competency & Credentialing Institute that governs certification for all perioperative nurses, which acknowledges outstanding certified perioperative nurses.
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Score: Stamford Hospital received an A on the Leapfrog Hospital Safety report card in 2015. 31% of hospitals received this designation nationally, as did only 4 out of 28 hospitals in Connecticut.
- Planetree Designated®: We’re one of only 17 acute care hospitals in the nation with this designation that allows us to focus on patient-centered care. We’re committed to personalizing, humanizing and demystifying the healthcare experience for patients and their families. Our approach is holistic and encourages healing in all dimensions - mind, body and spirit.
- Level II Trauma Center: This means our staff is highly trained and committed to prompt and effective treatment for all trauma patients. Our trauma center is soon to be enhanced with a helipad.
- Comprehensive Cardiac Program: Our Heart & Vascular Institute is the only in lower Fairfield county to provide heart surgery, advanced electrophysiology, interventional cardiology, and trans catheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR).
- Orthopedic & Spine Success: Our Orthopedic & Spine Institute was recognized by the Joint Commission for certification for Total Hip and Total Knee programs. The Department also received the same recognition for its Lumbar Spinal Fusion Surgery program. We are the first hospital in Connecticut with this certification.
- Cancer Center of Excellence: The Bennett Cancer Center is recognized by the Lung Cancer Alliance for our ongoing commitment to responsible lung screenings for patients. Cancer Center accredited as an Academic Comprehensive Cancer Program with CyberKnife technology. The Bennett Cancer Center is proud to now be a member of the Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Care Collaborative, providing our staff and patients access to the latest and most effective, evidence-based best practices and standards in cancer treatment and research.
- Women & Children’s Innovations: Our Maternal-Child Health Units received a Gold Level Innovation Prize from The Connecticut Quality Improvement Award Partnership, Inc. This award recognizes the innovative approach to bringing evidence-based care to the bedside, disseminating data, and implementing best practices to improve perinatal, maternal, and neonatal outcomes.
Stamford Health recognizes the importance of your financial health and overall well-being. We offer:
- Up to $10,000 Sign-on bonus based on experience; prorated for part-time
- Competitive salary and rich shift differentials
- Comprehensive, low cost medical, dental and vision insurance plans available day one
- 26 PTO days
- Tax deferred annuity and (403b) pension plan
- Award winning on-boarding and retention programs
- Rich tuition reimbursement program
- Individualized orientation
- High acuity care and level of autonomy
- Free on-site parking and train station shuttle
- Child care partnership with Bright Horizons
- And more!
A career at Stamford Hospital offers the opportunity to be a part of our vision. To live our values as part of an engaged and passionate workforce that comes together in a multidisciplinary environment based on mutual respect and trust. A workforce that is supported by the clinical and technological resources necessary to achieve the highest quality of patient care.
To ensure we attract the talent necessary to continuously enhance our workforce and support our mission, we offer an exceptionally competitive compensation and benefits package, a culture of development, opportunity and commitment to excellence, and an organization recognized for its accomplishments throughout the communities we serve and beyond.
We are committed to workplace diversity as a core value and take great pride in offering a professional environment that mirrors the diverse communities we serve.
- Stamford is in Fairfield County, Connecticut.
- As of July 1, 2014, according to the Census Bureau, the population of Stamford had risen to 128,278, making it the third largest city in the state and the seventh largest city in New England. Here you will find a community of physicians collaborating to deliver safe, effective and exceptional care.
- Approximately 30 miles (50 kilometers) from Manhattan, Stamford is in the Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk Metro area which is a part of the Greater New York metropolitan area.
- Stamford is home to four Fortune 500 Companies, nine Fortune 1000 Companies, and numerous divisions of large corporations.
- This gives Stamford the largest financial district in the New York Metro area outside New York City itself and one of the largest concentrations of corporations in the nation.
- Teamwork: Work together, share common goals, support each other
- Compassion: Put patients first, be understanding, have pride, show empathy
- Integrity: Advocate, model ethics, inspire trust and maintain high standards
- Respect: Listen, acknowledge, be courteous and appreciate others
- Accountability: Communicate, lead, accept responsibility and take ownership