Welcome and thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Del Amo Behavioral Health Systems of Southern California!
Del Amo Behavioral Health System provides inpatient and outpatient behavioral health treatment for children, adolescents and adults in the South Bay area of Los Angeles. Led by clinicians recognized for their expertise in mental illness, Del Amo Behavioral Health System provides a peaceful setting for those seeking treatment for mental health, detoxification, sexual addiction, eating disorders, and trauma-related issues. To learn more about our programs and services, please visit our website at www.delamohospital.com or your resume to DelAmoHR@uhsinc.com.
We currently have aPart Time position for an Adjunctive Therapist Weekends a must.
Del Amo Hospital is a 166-bed behavioral health facility that is located in the South Bay area of Los Angeles.
Del Amo Hospital provides a full spectrum of quality mental health care that includes: assessments and referrals, crisis intervention, adolescent and adult services, as well as specialty programs. Del Amo has distinguished itself through a wide range of programs that are individually tailored to each client's individual needs. Del Amo's commitment to service excellence extends to all with whom we come into contact. We are committed to ensure our patients receive the optimal level of care that will be most beneficial to their recovery. Through the capabilities of our professional team continuously improving our systems and processes, we strive to be the premiere provider of mental health services. Del Amo Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission and is licensed by the State of California Department of Health Services.
The Adjunctive Therapist supervises and coordinates the activities of patients in the Adjunctive Therapy program to facilitate rehabilitation of physically, mentally or emotionally disabled patients. The Adjunctive Therapist follows policies, procedures, standards and objectives for the treatment of patients; complies with performance improvement program. May organize and conduct music, art, recreation, or other therapy programs, depending on specialty. Directs patient participation in selected tasks to restore, reinforce and enhance performance. Facilitates the learning of skills and functions essential for adaptation and productivity, diminish or correct pathology, and to promote and maintain health.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Complies with goals, objectives and procedures for the Adjunctive Therapy Department.
2. Participates in the implementation of departmental patient care policies, procedures and protocols as
3. Is knowledgeable in the following methods: ADL programs, craft-assisted therapies, prevocational
skills, sensory motor techniques, developmental activities, large and small group intervention skills,
and cognitive/social skill development.
4. Is knowledgeable in the following methods: Passive and active activities, large and small group
activities, knowledge of leisure activities, counseling techniques, general knowledge of sports and/or
5. Provides advice and guidance in addressing special cases or patient needs.
6. Complies with standards for patient participation in Adjunctive Therapy.
7. Appropriately documents all treatment activities and evaluations timely in the clinical record as
outlined in the department's policies and procedures.
8. Plans Adjunctive Therapy programs involving such activities as leisure, education, sports and
games, singing, dancing, creating music, exercise programs, and occupational programs;
participation in a variety of sensory, motor, educational, and social activities.
9. Participates in planning skills in the routine scheduling of patients for adjunctive therapy treatments in
accordance with available personnel and equipment.
10.Promptly records all referrals for adjunctive therapy. Documents the date for the referral service as