Location Address: 3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers - the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines - Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
Full Time Nights 40 hours per week
You Will Be Responsible For:
* Reports inventory discrepancies/shortages to the Case Cart Manager with the investigation of these concerns.
* Assists with receiving and restocking incoming supplies and ensures items are stored in the proper unit of issue in assigned locations.
* Assists in preparing all necessary documentation for returns and exchanges.
* Assists with cycle counts as assigned by the Case Cart Manager.
* Fills PAR list needs for the surgical areas, MOR/One Day rooms, Core supplies and specialty carts.
* Functions as a resource to OR Staff, Physicians and other department for supply and inventory issues.
* Communicates location and supply level suggestions/changes and problems to Case Cart Manager on a regular basis.
* Assists with local institutions for the lending, borrowing and buying of products as required.
* Identifies charge number discrepancies to the Case Cart Manager.
* Identifies own learning needs and seeks opportunities for self-growth and professional development.
* Attends annual mandatory in-service required meetings and continuing education.
* Promotes the hospital image and maintains a helpful attitude towards employees, physicians, patients, visitors and the community to enhance the hospitals reputation as a health care center.
* Updates Freezer and implant logs
* Maintains implant inventory, consignments and ordering.
What you Will Need:
* Customer Service
* Assist OR staff and co-workers in a professional and timely manner.
* Independently deliver stock to all the following departments: MOR, One Day, CVOR and WCOR.
* Good oral communication and interpersonal skills.
* Has the knowledge and ability to independently perform the following:
* Print a schedule
* Print add-on cases.
* Review the schedule-check for cancellations, add-ons, and preference list changes
* Ability to take call.
* Ability to troubleshoot and substitute items when needed.
* Has the skills and knowledge to identify a missing item and contact the appropriate personnel. (I.e. Buyer, Inventory Control, Supervisor, and other hospitals
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
* Experience sufficient to successfully perform the assigned duties and responsibilities of the position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* High School graduate or equivalent is required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
* Computer skills
* Inventory knowledge
The Case Cart Technician utilizes surgical expertise problem solving functions, and to perform specific tasks or routines that are supportive to patient care, and expedites OR efficiency for all surgical areas. Responsible for directing case cart and equipment support activities as assigned by the Case Cart Manager
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.