You have a place in the health care industry. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference - and real change in the health care industry - you belong at Banner Health.
Are you a driver of innovation? The senior innovation operations program director uses a human-centered design approach to innovation that starts with the customer and ends with new solutions to meet their needs. It will be critical to foster collaboration with clinical, operational, and business stakeholders both horizontally and vertically within the organization. This is your opportunity to create, influence, and execute work that provides increased value to the customer and organization.
You will play a major role in:
Providing operational expertise and oversight of the design process
Solving complex problems that deliver results
Leading &/or facilitating ideation and design workshops
Overseeing successful implementation and operations of programs in collaboration with leaders and teams across the system
The ideal candidate will have proven experience delivering and owning operational, technical and business solutions and extensive experience with innovation thinking and managing the organizational impact. Healthcare industry experience is not required.
The Banner Innovation Group (BIG) is Banner Health's internal innovation team tackling emerging, novel, and unproven ideas to pioneer a new customer experience in healthcare. It is the engine of an innovation ecosystem that embraces Banner's mission to make healthcare easier so that life can be better. BIG applies purposeful, disciplined, and reliable methods of human-centered design across three core functions: developing ideas from within, partnering with external companies through experimentation or investment, and inspiring an enterprise-wide culture of innovation.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the overall coordination and delivery of measurable impact in line with organizational goals and strategies around reinvention. This position serves as a change agent and works collaboratively and serves as a key resource to leaders across the system to proactively identify, communicate and implement strategic frameworks and systems to improve product delivery.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Oversees the successful implementation and operations of programs in collaboration with leaders and teams across the system. Oversees initiation and execution of continuous improvement efforts in coordination with research and design teams.
2. Leads high performing teams who collaborate closely with front-line staff and leaders to deliver results. Coaches and directs team members to be change champions and transform how others across the organization learn and work. Inspires the teams to adopt a mindset of innovation and manage and solve complex problems. Collaborates and leverages resources and capabilities across multi-disciplinary teams.
3. Monitors and measures the qualitative and quantitative improvements achieved through the project(s) to support realization of benefits, including process improvement outcome analysis, return on investment, issues tracking and resolution. Designs, coordinates and performs audits of key functions to ensure data and process integrity; directs resolution of identified issues and monitors / measures to ensure that improvements are maintained.
4. Collaborates with design team members to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction and consumer experience. Collaborates with leaders across the system to produce user centric, design driven product roadmaps across teams. Partners with clinical and operational staff to understand and communicate detailed requirements in a meaningful and actionable fashion.
5. Provides operational expertise and oversight of analysis and design of processes. Identifies improvement opportunities, participates in the selection of appropriate improvement approaches and supports operations management and improvement activities including design, implementation of improved operations and assessment of change.
6. Builds, supports and manages effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Responsibilities include partnership development, coordination of activities and information exchanges with stakeholders across geographies where Banner has a presence.
7. May manage and/or coordinate the work of others, which includes performing recruitment, selection, training and evaluation efforts. Also includes the coordination and facilitation of work through other key stakeholders and partners.
8. This position has system-wide responsibility for the overall coordination and delivery of measurable impact in line with organizational goals and strategies around reinvention. This position functions under minimal supervision, requires critical thinking skills, and maintains effective communication on project status with various stakeholders and ensure timely, accurate and efficient reporting of data and processes. Position will interact with all levels of Banner leadership and personnel, outside organizations and vendors.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Requires a strong knowledge of healthcare operations and service excellence principles and practices as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor's Degree in healthcare administration or related field.
Must have a strong working knowledge of process improvement, customer service, organizational culture, change management and project development as normally demonstrated through a minimum of seven years relevant experience. Must have a proven track record of inspiring teams to adopt a mindset of innovation and manage and solve complex problems. Must possess experience working in, or closely with core clinical operations and have expertise in staffing and supply chain management. Must possess demonstrated leadership and the ability to influence, collaborate with and motivate others, as well as serve as an internal catalyst for progressive, strategic and successful change in a large delivery system. Must have proven experience delivering and owning operational, technical and business solutions and extensive experience with process improvement and managing the organizational impact. Must also possess strong communication, collaboration and presentation skills, as well as the ability to negotiate and maintain relationships with diverse internal and external contacts and stakeholders.
Experience in healthcare is highly desired. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R13232
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.