Find your path in health care. Banner Health is committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek out professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen. Apply today.
Become a part of Academic Medicine in the only Level 1 Trauma Center in Southern Arizona! Our Operating Room (OR) has 18 suites where we provide services for a wide range of adult and pediatric patients including Hearts, Transplants, Neurosurgery, Robotics, Orthopedics, and Urology with a knowledgeable group of around 120 staff. We also work with Plastics, Spines, OB/GYN, dental, ENT, Eyes, and Oncologic procedures and are proud to utilize Epic as our EMR. We bring even more innovative technology to our organization, our Surgery Team brought in the new da Vinci Si and Xi Surgical Systems!
As a Specialty Technician (Anesthesia Tech), you will bring your experience and passion for health care to our Surgery department! This position is full time 40 hr/week 12pm-8:30pm that serves the clinical work of the department and provides clinical oversight for supplies, instruments and efficiency supporting Anesthesia in Perioperative services and ancillary areas. Also aiding in educational and onboarding support for new surgical tech hires, physicians, resident physicians, students. Weekends and call requirements.
University Medical Center Tucson Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research. Also located on the campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for its specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies. Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is a Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we care for the most critically injured patients. The hospital is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report. The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides support to the surgical team by providing basic patient care and assistance as directed. Promotes patient safety by assuring safe functioning of OR specialty equipment during procedures and ensuring appropriate supplies are available.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Serves as a resource person in designated surgical specialty to ensure coordination of necessary instruments and equipment.
2. Maintains unit equipment. This includes, but is not limited to: setting up; cleaning; performing basic troubleshooting of equipment; performing safety checks on equipment and specialty carts as directed, calibrates and replaces soda lime. Monitors equipment for malfunctions, performs light maintenance or arranges for repairs. May complete room setup, assemble equipment, and maintain anesthesia specialty carts.
3. Tracks and monitors availability of equipment and instruments for procedures in collaboration with the members of the OR Team.
4. Maintains adequate inventory of anesthesia and surgical supplies both in the OR and anesthesia work areas.
5. Assists with pulling supplies for cases, rotating inventory, and monitoring expiration dates.
6. Under the direction of the RN circulator, assists with basic patient care as requested. Practices aseptic technique per competency.
7. Performs functional tasks and utilizes equipment as delegated by a licensed professional. This may require additional specialized training provided by the department, consistent with demonstrated competency.
8. Assists with transporting patients, including pre-operative and immediate post-operative patients to critical care unit. Participates in OR room turnover.
9. Responsibilities are typically within the department but may require assisting in other areas which administer anesthesia. Incumbents must be able to think critically and make quick decisions in a fast-paced, stressful environment. Internal customers are patients, surgeons, anesthesiologists, RNs and other members of the multiple-disciplinary OR team.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Current BLS certification.
An understanding of inventory management tasks and the ability to work effectively with a computer based inventory management system.
Requires strong communication (written and verbal) skills, time management, problem solving ability, customer service and organizational skills.
Previous experience working with specialty instruments and equipment is strongly preferred. Knowledge of patient related supplies, materials, and aseptic techniques are preferred. Previous experience in an acute care setting, preferably surgical services or specialty procedure area.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.