Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a difference - you belong at Banner Staffing Services
As the internal staffing (registry) provider for Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services (BSS) provides opportunities within one of the country's leading health systems. The BSS team is dedicated to providing personal attention and professional support for its employees. Registry opportunities are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. As a BSS employee, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular full-time or part-time opportunities within Banner Health.
In addition, registry employment through BSS offers:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement plan
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
BSS Registry positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. BSS requires: Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education).
POSITION SUMMARY This position performs prescribed specialized radiographic procedures as directed by following department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs radiographic diagnostic/interventional special procedures by following and verifying referring providers' orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
2. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
3. Produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
4. Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies. Demonstrates competence in the administration of radiopharmaceuticals and other approved medications.
5. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to radiation safety policies.
6. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
7. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
8. Independently performs prescribed radiographic procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Certificate or diploma from an approved/accredited Radiologic Technology program.
Requires national certification American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and licensure by state regulatory agency if applicable. Advance certification by accrediting body in specialty required if applicable within 18 months of hire (and/or equivalent clinical experience for Cath Lab only). BLS certification.
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 2 years of experience. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.