In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
ratOn the forefront of prevention, treatment and research, our oncology services work tirelessly for our patients dealing with all types of cancer. From detection and diagnosis to treatment and bedside care, we work to make our patients' lives better, empowering them to become cancer survivors.
The Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center at North Colorado Medical Center (NCMC) Radiation Oncology department is a component of a comprehensive multi-disciplinary cancer center located in Greeley, Colorado. We are looking for a full-time Radiation Therapist to join our team.
The Cancer Program is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer as a "Community Comprehensive Cancer Program." The radiation oncology program is APEx accredited. The cancer program works in a regional model of care. The Banner MD Anderson cancer program is a comprehensive program embracing a broad spectrum of care and services, from prevention and early detection programs through an active cancer survivorship program. A robust cancer research program supports the program in northern Colorado.
The radiation oncology department utilizes Varian Oncology equipment, including a True Beam 2.0 with Edge Components, 21EX linear accelerator, and an active HDR Brachytherapy Program. The department has a 4-D wide bore CT simulator.
Work culture embraces a positive work culture, principles of "Just Culture" and a culture of Safety. Patient experience is a high priority for the cancer program.
This is a full-time position. Starting pay rate for this position is $32.38 up to $53.97 based on experience and education.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
A 378-bed Level II trauma center and acute care facility with over 3000 employees, North Colorado Medical Center is the largest hospital in the region. As a regional medical center, we provide community-based and specialty services for a service area that includes southern Wyoming, western Nebraska, western Kansas and northeastern Colorado. In order to provide the most compassionate and innovative care possible, we bring together state-of-the-art technology and an exceptional team of health care professionals. For the healthcare professional, our Greeley, Colorado location offers access to a wide variety of recreational activities in an inviting, close-knit community.
POSITION SUMMARY This position performs prescribed planned course of radiation therapy as directed by following department/facility policies, procedures, guidelines and protocols and in accordance with standards of professional radiation therapy practice. Performs needed assessment, care and treatment planning for patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs radiation therapy treatments by following and verifying referring providers' orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
2. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
3. Operates treatment and treatment planning equipment to include simulation in accordance with departmental policy. Prepares treatments and administers prescribed doses in accordance with established policies. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
4. Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures in accordance with established policies.
5. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to radiation safety practices. Ensures the safe receipt, administration, storage, and disposal of radioactive materials utilizing ALARA principles.
6. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to radiation oncology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
7. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department.
8. Independently performs prescribed radiation therapy procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of radiation oncology, nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients, caregivers and family members.
Must possess a strong knowledge of clinical care as normally obtained through an Associate degree in radiation oncology or related field.
Requires national certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and licensure by the state regulatory agency if applicable. BLS certification required.
Must be knowledgeable of clinical techniques, applications and equipment relative to the area of work. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, and be safety conscious. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson or BUMC-P Whole Health Counseling must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Previous radiation therapy experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.